Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

video card - ram question

• Please log in to reply

jigga211

jigga211

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
lol yet another small question, the HIS says crossfire ready, what is that for? Also by looking at the HIS it looks so big in height , it has 2 brackets, bigger fan on it or what? hehe

Edited by jigga211, 25 June 2006 - 10:44 PM.

Advertisements

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
The reason why it's crossfire enabled is.... DUDE why the [bleep] is an AGP card crossfire enabled XD

Crossfire is an ATI PCI-E thing in which you run two similair graphics cards in one system for increased performance, similair to Nvidia's SLI. You need two PCI-E 8x slots, two similair PCI-E cards, and a compatible motherboard and drivers. There are no retail AGP motherboards I know of with crossfire support, let alone two AGP connectors. Wikipedia doesn't mention agp in the crossfire article either: http://en.wikipedia....Crossfire_(GPU)

I'd say marketing hype copy and paste mixup. :whistling:

The extra height is what we call a dual slot cooler, you'll need a free space next to the slot but it will be more effective and push the hotter air directly out of the case.

Edited by MNOB07, 25 June 2006 - 10:53 PM.

jigga211

jigga211

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
ahhh ok i see then stupid typos lol altho i have seen that type of stuff quite a bit...... yea and i just checked how my current card is sitting and i have 5 slots below and 1 slot above of the way my card is now, so i think the one above should do the trick then

Edit: OR would that be that I need the one below? cuz i think when installed the card should actually be flipped the other way then it is in the picture

Edit: Never mind i confused myself, it doesnt flip it should be a free slot above not below like i said originally lol

Edited by jigga211, 25 June 2006 - 11:03 PM.

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
hmm in most systems I believe the fan will be on the underside of it, but you have plenty of space either way so it shouldn't matter.

Anyway I'm glad I could help. I feel like I learned a lot from this thread... Intel's Hypethreading or lack of, Tigerdirect labelling their AGP cards as "Crossfire Ready" lmfao

Hey but make sure you make an update here when you get the card, and how it's working and everything ok?