Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling windows XP

• Please log in to reply

martin the third

martin the third

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First some backround. I downloaded something that really messed up my comp, hitting it with huge amounts of spyware/adware and trojans. I spent about a week running mutiple programs trying to cleanse it (Spybot, adaware, advanced uninstaller pro, xoft spy, hijackthis). In the end there were only a few trojans and spyware apps I couldn't get rid of, so I tried a manual delete of the files, which didnt work, then tried to do it in dos, and it still didnt work.

So I Backed up my important files, dug around for my OS disk, and reinstalled. When It finished I reinstalled all my drivers and got my wireless card working again, then headed here with my problem.

I accidently installed The new installation alongside my old one. I mean, they're even on the same partition and everything. So now I need to get rid of my old one.

Help?

-m3

Advertisements