Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk

• Please log in to reply

poli3333

poli3333

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: I get the message "Disk Boot Failure,insert system disk and press enter" about 30 seconds into turning on my pc, the hard drive whines then stops then does it again and stops and i get the message. The floppy drive had broken so i replaced it with a new one and this is what i get. checked all conections and they ok ,floppy drive and cd drive working. its a old computer and not been used for a while.Any help would be apreaciated cheers. ;) ;) :)

Advertisements

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
It sounds like the hard drive is the problem.

The following requires another computer(possibly a friend's) and the knowledge to connect the drive as a slave. On power up(in the other pc) listen to the drive. If the system boots, then go to explore and see if the drive has been recognized. If you hear the same sound as before and the drive is not found, then replace the hard drive.

If you need details on connecting the drive as a slave, please ask.