Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp and K8V not playing well together

• Please log in to reply

Reshiji

Reshiji

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hopefully someone can help with this. I've tried some other places, but so far nothing has cooperated very well with this issue. I'm trying to reinstall XP Pro, but when I do.. Pro doesn't recognize my HDD. I've tried every driver from my User CD by booting from the XP cd. And did the whole F6 thing but still nothing works. Maybe someone has heard of this or dealt with it..? I have a SK8V Asus Mobo that has given me no problems so far. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Reshiji, 25 June 2006 - 08:06 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
When you did press the f6 key, did it find the drivers? The next screen should give you some sort of notification

Which drivers did you use? There seems to be two different sata controllers on this board, one from Promis and one from Via

Which controller are you hooked up to?