Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please some basic help to install Mozilla T-bird

• Please log in to reply

jaboop

jaboop

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I do not want to mess up my new laptop with all the stuff that overwhelmed my last one.. mostly the spyware garbage. A friend recommended Moz/Firefox and it seems good so far, so I thought I would switch to their email/T-bird. The help I need is pretty basic, I've downloaded the stuff, now I need to complete the process. Am I in the right place to ask for this? I am a pretty basic user, this machine is a tool for work and email and news. Never games, videos and stuff like that. Can anyone assist? Thank you.

Advertisements

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi

Congrats on making the switch to Firefox and now considering migrating to Thunderbird.

If you were using Microsoft Outlook Express as your email program before, I know from personal experience that the transition to Thunderbird is painless.

Once installed, you will be asked if you want to import settings from Outlook Express.

All your emails, address book etc is imported into Thunderbird.

Not sure if this works for other email programs though, can only vouch for Outlook Express.

Check out their web site for further info ... welcome to the revolution :tazz:

www.mozilla.org

daveB_LinuxWannabee

phoenixworld

phoenixworld

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hiya

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope I am) but there doesn't seem to be any way to import message rules from OE into Tbird. It's the only reason I don't make the change

Cheers

Philip