Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Error uploading from FrontPage

• Please log in to reply

susieagar

susieagar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have published my webs from FrontPage succesfully for years, but suddenly about a week ago, I can't upload anything. I get a message that says, "Server Error: cannot close file "such_and_such.tmp" The file name varies, but always ends in .tmp
In addition, when I am doing this, a new small window opens that says, "Processing Web Updates..." and shows that files are being transferred. There are blue bars showing the progress, but it never seems to progress past 5 bars (not very far). I have no idea what this is trying to do.
I contacted my web host and everything is okey-dokey on that end.
I even tried publishing from a different PC to no avail. I thought maybe my computer was corrupting some files in my webs. My computer was acting strangely and was due for a reformat anyway, so we just reformatted my hard drive. I tested my FrontPage uploads first, and it's still giving me the same problems. :blink:
I created a new web completely unrelated to any files in my previous webs, but I get the same errors.
I can't think of anything else I can do! :whistling: Anybody got any ideas?
:help: :) :woot: :woot:
Susie

Advertisements