Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

e-mail address

• Please log in to reply

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
hey there, someone i know has made an e-mail address email address removed for safety of person who isn't even a member here. :) The email address this user is trying to figure out how to do is to get [email protected]
he won't tell me how he did that :S :whistling:
how can this be done?(for free)?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well he could have set up his own website he would have got the use of email adresses from that site, or he just spoofed his emails, google around you will find the answer its not that hard to spoof an email.

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
no, it isn't from a website
i'll do a google search for spoofing emails, but if u know more, plz enlighten me (and save me some time searchin around :whistling: hehe )
EDIT: just to highlight something, this guy was chatting on msn with this account, but his mail was "not verified" (next to his mail address was written "E-Mail Address Not Verified")

Edited by spirit_SLASH, 26 June 2006 - 11:07 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Sounds like a more advanced spoof, im not really into it never had the time if i ever need to spoof a mail i will learn its basically manipulation a flaw in the code format used to send emails from what i have read its pretty simple i understand the concept but never learned the particulars to apply it, just want interested enough.