Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NVIDIA Geforce 2 MX/MX400 Display problem

• Please log in to reply

BigLaw

BigLaw

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello all, I'm having some issues with my MX/MX400 Card. The Display setting won't go beyond {4bit}. After I click on Apply it changes but then when I click on OK, it either does not change (stays at 4bit) or the Blue screen flashes and the computer reboots.

The monitor is set to plug and play, all the drivers are updated and all of my Window updates a done.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Where did your driver come from? The most updated driver should be downloaded and installed from NVIDIA. Microsoft Update offers drivers, however they are not always the most updated, nor are they always the most stable.

Edited by Stormknight6, 26 June 2006 - 10:21 AM.

BigLaw

BigLaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I'll try to unstall and reinstall the driver, I'll see if I can find the driver at the NVIDIA site somewhere.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Perhaps this is a good question as well... What did you do with your old drivers? Are you aware that you need to uninstall any current drivers before installing new ones?

BigLaw

BigLaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello Storm, I'm usually good about keeping the drivers for my computers but for some reason I can't locate this one.

And yes I'm aware that the old one must be unistalled first, with card being an older card I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use a more current driver so I'll look for an older one.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Does it look like your card model is on this list? http://www.nvidia.co..._supported.html

BigLaw

BigLaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes, it's there. :whistling:

Windows XP/2000
Version: 45.23
Release Date: August 13, 2003

I believe this is the one.

Edited by BigLaw, 26 June 2006 - 12:08 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
In that case, download the drivers from here: http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_91.31.html Click on Primary Download Site and it will begin the download. NOTE: Before downloading, disable your virus protection and any download accelerators you may have installed. Also make sure you first download the drivers, and then uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones.