Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ie 7

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
anyone know how to make ie7 open up a new tab to the home page? when i open a new tab it just goes to the default blank page...

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check out this and see if it's what you want:

IE7: New Tab Opens Home Page

I don't have IE 7 installed and did not read info so may not even be relevant.

Ron

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
How does IE 7 work by the way? Someone I know from another forum tried it when it first came out and had a lot of probelms. I'm still on IE 6 lol

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Will stick a quick 2 cents worth in here. IE 7 is still in Beta which means there is a possibly of problems until it is released in its final form. Even then, it may have problems as you probably have noted from all the IE versions to date. It is recommended that those, who do not know how to recover from a severe Beta problem, use Beta software on their primary machine. I hope your friend was not so unlucky as to have one of the bad problems that can occur.

Ron

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've had very few problems with ie7....and most of the ones that i've had have been with 3rd party software (sophos antivirus is not too fond of letting it store cookies...i don't know why...because #1...sophos doesn't interact with cookies #2...ie6 stores the cookies in the same place...but...ie6 doesn't have a problem...wwweeeeeiiirrdd)...it's nice...the tabbed browsing is good...i like the layout...and i've really gotten used to it..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i had to uninstall and reinstall ie7 to get that link to work ron.....for whatever reason i didn't have that option in the tab....but anow i does

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi dsenette:

Will keep that in mind about uninstalling/reinstalling IE 7 to get the link to work. By the time I get Internet service to my FEMA mobile home, IE 7 will probably be out of Beta. :whistling: I have it installed on my new Dell and love it, but not enough to give up my Firefox. :blink:

Cheers...

Ron

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hehe well ron....get ya a truck and hook up that thar mobile home to it and drive to somwhere that has internet...or at least close enough to a hotel to get wireless haha

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
That is a darn good suggestion, but FEMA frowns on moving those things. Some have tried and will probably be connecting from Federal prison. :whistling:

R.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeat another option...i hear prisons here in the US have excellent internet speeds...and cable