Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Only 16 colors on Windows 98

• Please log in to reply

rrachl

rrachl

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I know this is a fairly common problem, but I can't find any solutions that work for me. I recently reformated a computer but now it only shows the options of 2 or 16 colors even though I know it is capable of 256 colors (there is also a problem with limited screen resolutions).

Dell Dimension XPS R450
Windows 98

Display Adapters:
Standard Display Adapter (VGA)
Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)

Please help :tazz:

Advertisements

orionflame

orionflame

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I too am expieriencing the same problem on windows 95 exactly how you described it. If I find anything out from another source that I contacted before you get a reply here I will post the results of my query.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
You need to download and install the lastest drivers for the video device. Head over to Dells Download Section and enter the model of your computer in the drop down boxes. If you dont know that information some where on the case should be the Service Tag, enter that in the Service Tag box and press the blue arrow. Hope that this helps.

Edited by DHooper, 14 March 2005 - 01:40 PM.

rrachl

rrachl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I already tried that and my video and display drivers are not listed.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Download and install Belarc Advisor. Run it and reply back with what it says under video display. Hope that this helps.