Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP login trouble

• Please log in to reply

mandu34

mandu34

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cannot remember my login password on my windows xp and I don't know how to change it without logging in first. I need help on how to change it without first logging in

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Although you can reset some jumpers and do it the advanced way, what works in my house is just starting the computer in Safe Mode, and login using the Administrator account (no password) and then just go into user management and change it. Do you know how to enter Safe Mode to try this?

mandu34

mandu34

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My account is the administrator account, it's the only account on the computer, that's the problem and the only way to get in is by inputting my password

king kong

king kong

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
there are ways but there are no ways of telling if this is your computer becuase you may have stolen the computer and just cant get past the password so reinstall the os from the disc given and then you will be fine except your computer will have all the factory settings and programs