Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot View Videos in Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

drsagojr

drsagojr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Although I used to be able to, I can no longer view videos in Internet Explorer. Windows Media Player and Quicktime popups still work fine. A Winrar file named Ex may have been deleted. Otherwise, I have no idea what has changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
When did this start? Have you made any changes to the system recently (that you know of)? Have you tried reinstalling anything?

Edited by Stormknight6, 26 June 2006 - 02:34 PM.

drsagojr

drsagojr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It started after the winrar ("Ex") file was erased. I have tried reloading Windows Media Player and Micromedia Flash, but nothing has changed. I haven't made any other changes. The area where the media should be playing is blank except for a small red x in the upper left corner. It looks like the file is missing, but I have tried several sites and no videos will play in Internet Explorer. If there is a direct link the direct link will work.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
is this "winrar" file still in your recycle bin?...try restoring that (i'm gonna hope that it's not related...but it could be depending on what type of file it actually was)

drsagojr

drsagojr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The wirar file was deleted because it had some had a worm attached to it..