Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limewire complete removal. HOW?

• Please log in to reply

thelovegod

thelovegod

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone give me some help on how to rid myself of limewire completely? Ive tried uninstalling it and deleting folders from the program files menu. But whenever i've reinstalled it, all the stuff that was waiting to download previously, reappears! it is driving me nuts, and i want rid of it and all trace of it!!!!! any ideas??

Advertisements

sano

sano

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Try this
Uninstalling LimeWire

1. Double-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop.
Note: If you are running Windows XP and the My Computer icon does not appear on your desktop, choose My Computer from the Start menu.
2. Double-click on Control Panel.
3. Double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
4. Select LimeWire. Click Add/Remove.
5. Follow the instructions on your screen to remove LimeWire.
6. Click OK.
7. Double-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop.
Note: If you are running Windows XP and the My Computer icon does not appear on your desktop, choose My Computer from the Start menu.
8. Double-click on the icon for your hard drive.
9. Open the Program Files folder.
10. Right-click on the LimeWire folder. From the menu which appears, choose Delete.
11. When you are asked if you are sure you want to remove the folder, click Yes.

After uninstalling LimeWire, you should remove LimeShop and any other adware or spyware installed with LimeWire.