Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WoW Issue

• Please log in to reply

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out here...

I have bought WoW, installed it but havent made my account yet. Would it be possible for me to use the 10 day trial FIRST then once thats done - put in my keycode for the retail version of the game?

Reason for doing this is that I want to try it out first just incase i find out that i need to upgrade my computer first and waste my first free month...which means i will need to ask my parents for money :whistling: :blink:

Help is much appreciated !!!

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
If I remember correctly you need to open the account with the credit card, punch in the 10 day trial number, use it for 10 days and then either keep the subscription or cancel it.

And I'm pretty sure any computer can handle it. My old Dell (1.4Ghz P4, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9600 SE) ran it fine.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
So all I need to do is put in the code - card details and then thats me ready to go (as well as name and address)

Seems pretty simple

Cheers

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
be carefull with the infomation you give to others

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Not quite sure what Daniel is talking about but yeah, you just put in the credit/debit card number (which is required for account creation I believe) and then you punch in the 10 day trial number somewhere in the account management section of the website.

If you like, keep the subscription, if you don't cancel on the 10th day...or before midnight of the 11th.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
when u type in ur credit card number and stuff doesnt it send it out somewhere?

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Its for verification purposes for the World Of Warcraft team... you dont need to pay for the trial lol :whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The credit card number goes to Blizzard...it serves as:
1) Verification that you can in fact pay for the game if you keep it
2) The payment if you continue your membership

Daniel seems a bit paranoid about credit card info :blink: :help: it's cool...whatevs.

If you have the trial then just read number one on my list above. :whistling:

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
It is possible to remove your credit/debit card details once you have entered the retail keycode and then continue to pay using the pre-paid Game cards...Right ?? :whistling:

I think the game is amazing !!!

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
No, the credit card activates the account pretty much. To use game cards you punch the number in the same way you do with trials. The credit card number pretty much verifys that you are the one still using that account.

The credit card is a necessity to play WoW (sadly).

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I just read there that you can remove the credit card/ debit card details and use the gamecards to pay for the game...

:whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I guess they act as credit cards, as long as they know you'll pay for their game :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
have use guys had enough of bagging me out yet about the credit card number thing? :whistling: jokes

anyway enough with the credit card thingy

Edited by daniel_c, 07 July 2006 - 05:14 PM.