Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc and internet surfing /slow

• Please log in to reply

Linda Thomas

Linda Thomas

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My computer..w3400 eMachine xp2 512 ram 80gh Ie6..Opening files or searching the web has become very slow or impossible the last 3 days..over half of web sites links never respond just seems to freeze sometimes I have to restart the computer. I have run s&d and ezTrust av they find nothing..did on line scan..nothing. Downloaded nothing new. Some web sites work ok. I have DSL

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Here's a little trick that might help you. I use this all the time. First I want you to shut off your computer. next, unplug the power cord going to your modem. Leave the power out for about 30 seconds (they say 15, but 30 is my preference). Restore power only to the modem, and let the ready lights flash until the light is solid. The modem is now ready. You may now turn your computer back on. This usually helps a slow connection.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
what speed does the internet go at? have you tryed talking to ur isp? it might be a problem over there not a you computer.

Edited by daniel_c, 26 June 2006 - 09:35 PM.