Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet poblem !

• Please log in to reply

mj_138

mj_138

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I was looking at a machine yesterdsay with XP Home just installed on it. Everytime that I would try to open up the home page it would come up with the virus message

C:\ProgramFiles\InternetExplorer\IExplorer::LoadLibraryA
Detected as: bo:stack
Blocked by buffer overflow protection

I have never seen this message before and I am just wondering how to get rid if it and get the Internet working again. The machine would cennect to the internet but just wouldnt bring up the homepage.

Thanks alot
Michael

Advertisements

drex23

drex23

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 77 posts
Hi, probably more questions than answers to start. Can you tell me what anti-virus protection is running/detecting this? What home page is it set to? Also, is the computer's protection up to date? That is, anti-virus definitions updated, microsoft/windows updates performed, etc. If the protection is outdated, update all of that first and see if you still have the problem. Post back with that info and we'll go from there.

mj_138

mj_138

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The virus protection on the machine if McAfee 8.0, and I have right clicked on the shiled and told it update and it downloads all the new stuff to it. But when I restart it will still say that it is out of date, but its not.

drex23

drex23

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 77 posts
Okay, can you tell me the other information I asked about? And just to be sure, the subscription is still current on the AV correct? I am thinking this may need to go to malware removal, but I want to see if updating all of that information - AV, and the MS/windows updates will help at all first.