Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express 6 & Newsgroups

• Please log in to reply

icehaid

icehaid

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello:

I use OE 6 to view/post to a newsgroup. Lately, my "blocked senders" list keeps resetting every time I exit OE. Thus, each time I re-open the program, I have to re-block senders all over again. I have a relatively healthy blocked senders list, so this is a bit annoying.

This just began happening recently. Any suggestion? Thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
this article walks you through backing up your blocked senders and other email rules:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276511

icehaid

icehaid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

this article walks you through backing up your blocked senders and other email rules:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276511

Thank you. I did see that article, but I don't think it applies because there's no blocked sender list to back up. As I mentioned, it disappears every time I close OE. So I figured there's some kind of OE setting on that particular computer that I need to adjust, correct?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
once you have a blocked sender list created, folllow the instuctions to back it up. this will make it easier for you to restore it if it disapears. It alsmo may fix the problem. If it doesn't then we will need to know what version of outlook express you are using, what version of internet explorer you have, and what your operating system is.

icehaid

icehaid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

once you have a blocked sender list created, folllow the instuctions to back it up. this will make it easier for you to restore it if it disapears. It alsmo may fix the problem. If it doesn't then we will need to know what version of outlook express you are using, what version of internet explorer you have, and what your operating system is.

Thanks again for the reply.

I check the same newsgroup on another computer (with the same OE, IE and Windows versions) and the blocked sender list accumulates and saves itself without any problem. It's only the one computer that has the problem. Here are the specs:

OE 6, IE 6, WinXP Pro

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
here is a good article: http://www.microsoft...s/oerepair.mspx

toward the bottom there is a link about how to repair outlook experess.