Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD-ROM & Floppy & Boot Proplems

• Please log in to reply

The DIY Person

The DIY Person

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey Am Doing a Boot Up For a Old Toshbia Computer But I Only got the floppy running but the cd-rom is on as i can see the green light on front ! *OOOO goes the crowd* Yes and thats all it seems to be doing right now?!? :blink:

Did I Miss Something Out? :help: :whistling:

Edited by The DIY Person, 28 June 2006 - 01:22 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
So basicly your CD-ROM drive won't open? If that's the case, you see that little hole on the front of it? Usually it's on the right side... Get a paper clip, and try to straighten it. Put the paper clip in that hole, but be careful not to do it too hard. Be slow and gentle. The drive will pop free.

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Or do you mean that you are trying to install the OS and you can't get the system to boot off the CD ?

The DIY Person

The DIY Person

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Or do you mean that you are trying to install the OS and you can't get the system to boot off the CD ?

:whistling: I Now Have A Error Saying I/O ERROR When I Put The Floppy Into The Drive That Comes Up.

I Havent Got Past The Bootup Yet So Am Needing Help With That.... :blink:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I don't understand what's happening... Is your CD Drive stuck and not opening, or is there another issue?

The DIY Person

The DIY Person

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
This Is An Other Proplem Now....With The Floppy Drive & Can U Get Past The Bootup -----> Error I/0