Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zone Alarm Reinstall

• Please log in to reply

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
It never happened to me before, so I am really upset right now and my second only wish is to smash my PC into pieces!!! I was routinely updating Zone Alarm, but somehow it refused to complete. I restarted my PC and did the reinstall again. It finished but was not able to run zclient.exe, saying that I do not have enough priviledges (which is not true) to run this. OK, another restart and I completely removed Zone Alarm for a clean install. No way, after running the setup file, it stopped at the first screen, the one checking installed components. It stays like that.

Can please anyone help me with this? How do I remove Zone Alarm COMPLETELY, so no traces of it are left? I did uninstall, removed all files and scanned the registry, but still no progress.

Thank you very very much!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you include hidden and system files

Do you want to re-install it, or another firewall

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Nothing helped. I downloaded the older version and hopefully everything is gonna be fine.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
A few people are not getting on with the latest version