Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

boot up

• Please log in to reply

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
what do i need to type in the the run app. so that i can alter what programs start up when windows does, i used to know but i forgot. :blink:

cheers dudes :whistling:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You would go to START-->RUN and type msconfig. In the new window that appears, click on the STARTUP tab. That list shows what starts up when your computer does, but I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU UNCHECKING ANY ITEM LISTED IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE OF WHAT IT IS FOR. IF YOU DISABLE SOMETHING CRITICAL TO THE RUNNING OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM, IT COULD CAUSE LOTS OF PROBLEMS/HEADACHES.

Feel free to list here what it shows (a screenshot is the best way) and I can help you decide what should be and shouldn't be checked in that list.

Fenor

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
didn't there used to b a thread with what should and shouldn't be removed

Edited by dan3411, 28 June 2006 - 08:48 AM.