Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

G2G Malware Solutions; Follow These Before You Post for Help

• Please log in to reply

ProEd

ProEd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Reading thru numerous pages of problems/issues on the Malware Topic pages I find that many folks have not followed G2G's request to follow the steps listed on the "Start Here" link at the top of the FORUMS page prior to posting a request for help or a HJT log. I will be the first to admit that I did not visit or follow the instructions on the "Start Here" page when I first visited G2G last year for assistance. Assume I was in a panic state at the time and did not read/follow instructions as I should have (my bad). However, on my second visit for Malware assistance, much later, I did follow the recommendations on the "Start Here" page step by step (took a dang long time to complete though) beore posting and when I posted my HijackThis log along w/ other recommended software logs my G2G tech declared my PC clean and good to go. That effort, solving my own problem by utilizing expert advice and solutions, saved a concerned and helpful soul alot of personal time & effort, as it should be. This was my problem, not his.

In a nutshell, while the G2G Staff may seem to the average www pilgrim, like me, to have nothing better to do than fix our problem(s) 24/7, that could not be farther from the truth. They help us because, well I guess each needs to answer this for themselves, I believe they care about helping folks in trouble like you and me. The point is they care and they help without condition or concern for time! Bottom line is they are here for us but do not abuse their free, and unpaid, assistance. Their time is limited (family, work, sports, computers, etc.). So.... don't ask for help before you've explored all reasonable resources and personal effort to solve your problem. The "Start Here" recommendations truly work!

My sincere appreciation for the G2G Staff :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
:whistling: well said...when someone offers a resource...take the oportunity to take advantage of it! that's why it's there

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Thank you for that ProEd,

Keeping in mind your first visit here you were in "panic " mode as most people are and the staff understands that and sure we are all busy with real life but we enjoy what we do there is no greater feeling then being able to help someone gain the control of their computer they once had,

Would it make helping easier should they run through that topic prior to posting their log maybe, in fact we have been discussing do we really even want that much done to a system prior to posting a log, are the "cleaners" removing 100% of infections and so forth if not it is making what we do a little harder ? well its still in debate and I wont go on about it,

The bottom line is what we do appreciate is a little patience the staff tries to get to as many topics as humanly possible regardless of what the issue may be not just in the malware forum but all of them,

Thanks again for the kind words and understanding :whistling: