Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Battlefield 2 CRashes!

• Please log in to reply

Mixy

Mixy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Game hangs when I try to connect to my profile (online) have to use task manager to end the game. It works fine when I just play single player but multiplay is a no go :whistling: I have tried all the prev updates for the game and got nowhere. Also after I have cleared the crashed game I have to reboot my machine so that I can use internet explorer???????
Can someone please help me!!!!

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, first, my game will sit there for about 2-3 minutes at the login screen as well. Just be patient with it. It should move. As far as online play is concerned, what happens? You click on the join server button, and ___ ... It crashes the game? Freezes? You said you have all the patches installed, right?

Mixy

Mixy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yeahh its all upto date I have even tried just updating to 1.21 and trying it from there but still nothing. I can see servers fine but when I try to connect to one it doesnt matter which my game hangs. Its not a fire wall problem because I have tried it with the firewall disabled

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
theres a newer patch out 1.3
http://www.ea.com/of...s/downloads.jsp

Mixy

Mixy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yep got that but problem still the same :whistling:(

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
So when you click on the Join Server button, the game just hangs? No error message? How long do you let it hang before you call it quits?

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
How long are you waiting before quitting out? One of the main gripes everyone has with BF 2 is that it takes FOREVER to load everything. So how long do you wait?

Also, what are your system specifications and internet connection?

Mixy

Mixy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have waited upto 15 mins before I quit.

My machine is P4ht 3.2, 2Gb or 3200 DDR, GeForce 6600 GT,

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
What is your internet connection?

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
if ure using dial up,that could be a problem