Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

N-vidia 6200

• Please log in to reply

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hey

I recently got a new graphics card the n-vidia 6200,the one i was using before that was the one i had with my pc was n-vidie fx 5200,i get a auto restart ushally once a day while playing Americas Army,strange thing is,it doesnt happen when i play BF2,i never had this problem with my old one,the instalation of the 6200 was succesfull,this is just new with the auto restarts,it ushally only happens once and after that it will be ok,but im just worried if i keep playing and ignore it it could make my PC worse,any help would be apprecieted,

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Do you see a blue screen flash for baout half a second right when it restarts?

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Do you see a blue screen flash for baout half a second right when it restarts?

Nope,it just auto restarts,the screen will freeze for about 5 to 10 seconds then it just restarts

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Alright, how are your drivers? Are they the most up-to-date dirvers available from NVIDIA? When you installed your card, how did you do it? Did you use the CD-ROM install CD, or did you get your drivers from the internet? If you used the CD, chances are they need serious updating. If you got them from the CD, let me know and I will give you the link to the drivers you need.

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hey

not that long ago i done a system recovery,and i had to install the drivers again,but i used the disc this time,so perhaps the n-vidia drivers do need updating,ive tryed on the n-vidia site,but the last update was july last year,so i didnt d/l that 1 because i thought there was a newer update,a link to the update would be great

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Alright, your drivers for the NVIDIA GeForce 6200 are available. They were last updated on June 23rd, 2006! Pretty recent, huh? Anyway, you can download these drivers by clicking here. As always, please disable ani-virus software while installing the drivers, and disable any download accelerators. What to do is download the drivers, and save them to the desktop. Next uninstall your current drivers, restart the computer, and install from that file you just saved. If you have any questions, please ask now! Don't assume anything!

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
hey

ok thanks,im installing them just now,how shou;d i uninstall the old ones,goto add remove programmes,im not to sure,i had some help of my sisters husband last time,it was him who insttaled it for me,im not computer eliterit and my spelling also sucks.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Before installing the new drivers use Driver Cleaner ( http://www.drivercleaner.net/ ) and get rid of the old drivers. Then you can install the new ones fresh!

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
hey

im a little confused,in the controll panel then add and remove, do i remove the choice n-vidia drivers?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Probably so. Do you see other NVIDIA products listed?

Advertisements

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
hey

nvm guys i managed to read and understand it ok,thanks for the helpfull replys and taking the time to help me guys its really appreatieted,id just like to say thanks to u guys :whistling:

Edited by ChRiS1888, 28 June 2006 - 05:48 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Great to hear things worked for you :blink: We hope to see you again soon :whistling:

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
hey again :whistling:

now when ever i play AA and walk up to a wall my gun disappears,i can still play,but its very weird
any 1 know what could be causing my gun to disappear,lol

and also when i start my pc up i get this message *SLI multi -GPU rendering has been disabled,*

ChRiS1888

ChRiS1888

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
It only does this on AA,,,,bf2 is fine,,,,and it was ok before i installed the new update,so maybe theres a few probs with the update or something?

Posted Image

Edited by ChRiS1888, 28 June 2006 - 08:12 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Any updates for the game?