Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vid Card Question

• Please log in to reply

chaps_mc

chaps_mc

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have a video card question for you guys. I recently aquired a RADEON 9550 256 MB DDR 8x/4x graphic card from a friend, and I was wondering if I should replace it with my current one: NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 128MB. I really don't have much experience with ATI cards, so this is the reason for my question. Thanks.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I personally prefer ATI over NVIDIA. Some people might say differently, and include their reasons, so don't install it out of excitement. Now, if you do replace the card, do you know how to properly do this, with all the drivers and all?

chaps_mc

chaps_mc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
as in downloading the drivers from ati.com? and uninstalling the nvidia drivers?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Correct. As long as you know how to properly do everything, you're fine. I just wanted to double-check becuase some people are mistaken and believe that they can just plug-in the card with old drivers. That usually causes issues lol