Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty Multiplayer Problems

• Please log in to reply

FlameBoy13

FlameBoy13

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I can not get a server at all on my join a game screen. All it says is waiting for response from master server.
We do have a router but i have turned fire walls off.
I have Call Of Duty game of the year edition. does that matter?

Begging for help,
FlameBoy13

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Do you know which ports you need to open? Which firewall and antivirus protectors do you have installed?

FlameBoy13

FlameBoy13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I dont know which ports and as far as i know all i have is windows firewall and maybe AOL.

Callofduty:UO rocks

Callofduty:UO rocks

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
you might want to try to check your settings to make sure its good there and if u use wireless try reconnecting every so often that fixed my problems when that happened

Edited by Callofduty:UO rocks, 30 July 2006 - 10:39 PM.

MoViEsTaR

MoViEsTaR

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

I can not get a server at all on my join a game screen. All it says is waiting for response from master server.
We do have a router but i have turned fire walls off.
I have Call Of Duty game of the year edition. does that matter?

Begging for help,
FlameBoy13

Some routers can still be a little fussy even with the firewall turned off, namely belkin and netgear tend to need a little more settings rather than just turning the firewall off.

Some belkin routers have a game setting (mainly pre-n versions) that you can setup a dedicated game server very quickly with and turning the firewall off will not work on its own.

Without knowing the make and model of your router id say that you still need to forward some ports (port 80 should be fine) and possibly you may still need to enable dmz.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
REMOVED, didn't realize this post was from 2006. :)

Edited by AgentMES, 31 January 2008 - 09:24 AM.