Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Malware in memory, cannot remove

• Please log in to reply

tubui

tubui

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
First, whenever I ctrl alt del, it say my Task Mananger is disabled by the Administrator. I never disabled this feature and was wondering how I can get this back.

Also, my computer have been attacked by a bunch of virus, spyware, and trojans and I've managed to remove them all but a few main ones still remains. I've scanned with all up to date softwares including Spyware Doctor 3.8, Stop-Sign, and The Cleaner.

Whenever I scan with Spyware Doctor and it says it needs to do an emergency reboot because one infection is in the memory, and when I click OK, my computer freezes.

I am currently scanning with The Cleaner.

Please tell me what reccommended programs to use in order to remove and keep my computer free of spyware and viruses.

[EDIT]
I've finished scanning with The Cleaner and one trojan called "Newdotnet" showed up. Its located in programfiles/newdotnet/newdotnet7_22.dll, I chose the responsive action and it said Action Error. How do I delete this trojan? I think this is the one that is always making it freeze when I reboot after scanning with Spyware Doctor 3.8

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi tubui...

Let's let the malware experts deal with this one.

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions you'll find there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Do Not reply to or "bump" your own topic...if it shows a reply, it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

tubui

tubui

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
I have another problem. Now whenever I click on a folder such as My Computer. It says error.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
After a quick review, I see you already have a topic in Malware...and I see nothing in the log that would cause this. We'll let the expert there be the final judge of that, though.

Will Registry Editor open? Click Start, then Run, type regedit and click "Ok".

tubui

tubui

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
I've managed to remove everything except for this 1 infection. Here is a screenshot from Spyware Doctor. Everytime I click fix, it makes me do a reboot and when I click OK, my computer freezes. How can I remove this infection successfully?

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

tubui

tubui

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Sorry for double post but I keep on getting these computer errors everytime I open up "folders" like My Computer, My documents. Here they are. What is the problem and how do I fix?

At first I get the Windows Explorer Error then the Dr Watson one..

Attached Thumbnails

• wndwsexplorer.JPG
  • drwtsn.JPG