Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Crashes

• Please log in to reply

tomeli32

tomeli32

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My comp crashes on every game that i play, i will play the game for 5 to 10 mins it will rn perfectly and then it will suddenly crash. The screen goes completely white and has to be manually shutdown. You have any idea if this is software related or its overheating. Plz help me its really giving me the shits.

Advertisements

BigGcrimson

BigGcrimson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same problem as the above. To supply more information, the amount of time until the crash occurs depends on the game seemingly. Games like minesweeper solitaire etc. don't seem to create this problem. The two games I have played since I got this new system are C&C Generals and Rise of Nations. The OS is windows XP, an AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+, 1GB of RAM and a radeon graphics card. Its a high end system and I can't understand the seemingly random shutdowns that occur with the games. The shutdown happens by the screen going black, the computer turning off and seemingly restarting but then shutting down again. I have been playing DVD's, installing software and typing this for about an hour and nothing has happened (shutdowns etc.). I have already disabled the automatic restart. Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

Pu|s3

Pu|s3

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I hate to say it but this crash will get more and more frequent till your pc wont start. This happened to me it wa b cuz my hard drive broke so replace it and it wont happen anymore.

TRY AND GHOST IT QUICKLY

BigGcrimson

BigGcrimson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Yes, got it fixed, a mere problem with anti-virus software that I knew nothing about. I would stress therefore to anybody having game shutdown problems that simply turning off sum anti-virus stuff will fix ur problem.