Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BIOS passwords for Dell computers?

• Please log in to reply

Prof. M

Prof. M

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I just got a new Dell computer and on my old computer I had the BIOS password set up so that no one could access it besides me (unless they wanted to reinstall software). So, I was trying to figure out how to set up a BIOS password on this computer, but unlike the other computer Delete doesn't bring up the settings for the pass. I pressed F2 and got into a menu that seemed to be what I was looking for although it turns out that it only let me enable certain aspects of it :whistling: I'll turn off my comp. and let you know exactly what the options were if you need to know, but I'd appreciate it if someone just happened to know what to do off the top of their head to set up the BIOS password on a Dell.

Edited by Prof. M, 28 June 2006 - 06:45 PM.

Advertisements

Prof. M

Prof. M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Fixed the problem. Turns out that the one of the settings on the startup menu caused it so that I couldn't set a BIOS password. I was wondering why "System Password" was highlighted blue...

Edited by Prof. M, 28 June 2006 - 07:02 PM.