Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphic Card

• Please log in to reply

SILENT_GUNZ

SILENT_GUNZ

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
my graphic card just broke i when i went away from my computer i noticed the screen was off and i restarted it and heard a long beeping sound .i assumed it was the graphics card so went to buy another one to make a long story short i brought me the NVIDIA Geforce 6200 i went home to install it.i did everything i installed it correctly deleted the old drivers installed new updated one ,everything worked fine until i went to go play battlefield 1942
the cinematics were screwed up the screen was cut in half half white nad half of the picture blue.the when i went to go play the game everything was messed up graphics were all screwed. i called up the company they gave me the run arounds and did what i did already.now i dont know what to do.someone please :whistling:
i also tryed another 3d game it was the same thing.

Advertisements

SILENT_GUNZ

SILENT_GUNZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
[attachment=9319:attachment]

edit: i re-attached the picture to make it easier to view

SILENT_GUNZ

SILENT_GUNZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
anyone?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried updating the drivers for the card? the ones that ship in the box are generally a bit older than the newest ones

SILENT_GUNZ

SILENT_GUNZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yeah i updated to the newest one same problem

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
What about game patches? Anything from the game manufacturer?

SILENT_GUNZ

SILENT_GUNZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
it was working with my last graphics card and it was a older version it it worked fined. also battlefield 1942 has no new patches and its not the only game that doesnt work WoW has the same problem.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Probably the GFX card is screwed up...

Try to call nVidia and see if they can replace it...

SILENT_GUNZ

SILENT_GUNZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Probably the GFX card is screwed up...

Try to call nVidia and see if they can replace it...

i just brought it yesterday

heres a ingame screenshot :whistling:

Posted Image

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The manufacturing process for electronics like that is inherantly unreliable it costs to much to do a rigorous check on every card so a certain percentage of faulty cards arent detected and are sold, so its possible and seems likely the cards is faulty, shouldnt cost anything to RMA it and get a new one and the chances of two duffers are slim.

Advertisements

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
However much I like NVIDIA, there cards suck, they are great when they work but they break easy. Out of 3 cards from them I bought 2 I had to take back in.

SILENT_GUNZ

SILENT_GUNZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
the company also said that in can be my mother board and i would have to update the bios and chipsets.i was trying to figure out how to do it the were explaining it to me when i restart my computer i have to press alt+f2 then access some menu but when i went to go access it it ask me for a password i dont know it :whistling:.they told me you have to call up the place you brought it from the problem is i brought my computer off a LAN caf'e that closed down and sold there computers. check out my specs what do you think?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can reset the CMOS, that would clear the password and restore it to defaults then allow you to flash with an updated bios.

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
problem is-resetting the cmos can be really tricky. i had to do it after i went a little...overboard with my overclocking. the cmos resetter on my motherboard, it was this tiny, tiny little red pice of plastic, that i had to pull off of this tiny, tiny wire, then put it back on the tiny, tiny wire. i had to do this repeatedly while restarting my computer-so make sure that you REALLY need to reset the cmos before you do anything. of course, i wasn't getting anything from my computer, and i think that you can resett it from the start up screen by pressing F4 while the computer starts up-but remember, hardly any companies would admitt to selling you a faulty product. so the problem is probably with the graphics card, not yer motherboard.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You must have an unusual board, CMOS reset is very simple. Two methods 1. move the CMOS reset jumpers to reset then back where and how to do this is in your manual, or 2. just pull the battery for 2 minutes CMOS settings are stored in memory that needs power provided by that battery pull it and it is reset to defaults just like a normal cmos reset.

Most companies in electronics are good with RMA because they too know that a percentage of there product will be faulty they ship with the minimum of testing to ensure acceptable losses when it comes to RMA its a factor in the electronics industry and they understand this.