Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP. i can't install off cd's....

• Please log in to reply

fokkentaters

fokkentaters

• Pip
  • 5 posts
howdy geeks.

had a look around before posting but couldnt find anything, so i gonna ask. my problem is that when i stick a cd in my drive, it does its little thing and then comes up with a message like this:

heading: dxsetup.eve - entry point not found
Body: the procedure entry point initializecriticalsectyon could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

*note, where it says initializecriticalsectyon, its spelt SECT-Y-O-N?? i don't know if that means anything...?

or a microsoft error report thing. saying that autroun.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

also if i ignore the messages, and open up my computer and explore the cd, then try to click on a windows installer package file it thinks for 30 seconds then tells me the system cannot read from the selected device

so then i try a 'setup launcher file', it again thinks for a bit, then comes up with a message about 'F:\setup.exe',
saying that 'this application has failed to start because the application configuration is inorrect. reinstalling the application may fix this problem'.

i think that's all there is to it. except that its annoying me, as i am holidays from uni and wanna play some games! GRRR.

hope you guys can help me out?

thanks.

fok.

Advertisements

MeowMeow

MeowMeow

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
go return the CD to ur supplier and get a new one =P

fokkentaters

fokkentaters

• Topic Starter