Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Voice Server Error

• Please log in to reply

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hello all again :D

I am having a new issue... :D

Ok, just let me know if this is out of your league... :D

I downloaded "Yahoo Messenger BETA," I already had the regular Yahoo Messenger... :D

Well, sense I downloaded the new version, I am not able to hear my friend on the mic, or anyothers.. :P
I have been getting this Error message saying: (Voice Server returned an unexpected error) :o

My friend is not having any problems with her new upgrade, so I am thinking it is within my puter... :D

I also have a program that makes my puter go faster "which is <_< a joke" called SlipStream, and was told that it could be the problem, so I shut it off, and still it did not help. :D

I have went to Add/Remove and removed the new program and then reinstalled it and still, :D I could not hear anyone chat...

OMG, about to throw my puter...
Please help me if you can....

Thanks a bunch guys!!
Staci :D

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
"BETA" is not recommended for regular users. Uninstall the "BETA" and reinstall the latest "stable" version to see if that helps. <_<

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hello Nathan,

You had to know that I was going to ask this question...

Why is it "Not recommended for regular users?"

I know the old one worked fine, but I really like this new one...
But if I have to get rid of it, I will...

But again, what is BETA actually and why it is not recommended for use by me "regular user"
My friend is a regular user...

Help me understand... ty for you help

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Opps, also....

My puter is really chatting at me and running real slow...

Could this be from the BETA version?

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Beta versions are new versions of programs that are not yet complete. They will have bugs and errors that the company hasn't fixed yet. When they get these problems worked out, they'll release it as a stable version. Go ahead and uninstall the beta and install the latest stable version. To see why your computer is running slow, run a new hijackthis scan and post the results. <_<

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
KK, will do...

Thanks Nate...

BRB

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hello again Nate...

Here is the log, and I also deleted the BETA version... The puter seems to go a bit faster, but lets see if you see anything..

Thanks for you help hun.
Staci

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 8:06:14 PM, on 4/28/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HKCMD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANDA SOFTWARE\PANDA ANTIVIRUS PLATINUM\APVXDWIN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANDA SOFTWARE\PANDA ANTIVIRUS PLATINUM\PAVPROXY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPZSTATX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.intergate.com/startpage
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.intergate.com/startpage
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.intergate.com/startpage
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Intergate
F1 - win.ini: run=C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.bat;C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.exe;C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.com;C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.scr;C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.vbs;C:\WINDOWS\hpfsched.bat;C:\WINDOWS\hpfs
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\PBHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\Inicio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] "C:\PROGRA~1\BILLPS~1\WINPAT~1\WinPatrol.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] "C:\Program Files\support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe" /server
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakLogon
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [PAVFIRES] C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\Firewall\PavFires.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN MESSENGER\MSNMSGR.EXE" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - Startup: SlipStream Web Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\SlipStream Web Accelerator\slipaccel.exe
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Support (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Help (HKLM)
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\slipstream web accelerator\sliplsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\slipstream web accelerator\sliplsp.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yaho...s/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macr...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupd...8083.0151157407
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.game...aploader_v5.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = intergate.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 216.139.64.16,216.139.64.17

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hey,

If there is something in the log that I noticed that I dont use anymore "Comcast" can I delete the item or items? :D

Just like the symantec as well? <_<

Let me know, thanks again... :D

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Yeah, you got some problems <_<. To start off, SlipStream is a bad program and not completely off your system. To fix it, run the LSP fix from http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm.

Then, to finish off SlipStream, reboot in safe mode (by tapping F8 at startup and select safe mode from the menu), and remove the following files:

C:\Program Files\SlipStream Web Accelerator\ <-- This Folder
C:\Program Files\support.com\ <-- This Folder

Next, please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\PBHELPER.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] "C:\Program Files\support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe" /server
O4 - Startup: SlipStream Web Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\SlipStream Web Accelerator\slipaccel.exe
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Support (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Help (HKLM)

Reboot your PC.

If you would please, rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log. :D

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hey nate..

Question first...

Before I go and delete the Intergate, I want you to know that is my Internet connection...

Is this still safe to delete?

Slow a little here, "light weight" <_<

Brb for your answer

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Oh, sorry <_<. DON'T delete, should've known. I'm glad you knew. :D I'm a blonde too.

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
kk... <_< wont delete...lmao

Hey, you should not be doing this while drinking...lol

Ok, brb with log....

:D

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Here you go ! "whatcha see"

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 9:20:45 PM, on 4/28/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HKCMD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANDA SOFTWARE\PANDA ANTIVIRUS PLATINUM\APVXDWIN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANDA SOFTWARE\PANDA ANTIVIRUS PLATINUM\PAVPROXY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPZSTATX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.intergate.com/startpage
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.intergate.com/startpage
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.intergate.com/startpage
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Intergate
F1 - win.ini: run=C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.bat;C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.exe;C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.com;C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.scr;C:\PROGRA~1\PANDAS~1\PANDAA~1\hpfsched.vbs;C:\WINDOWS\hpfsched.bat;C:\WINDOWS\hpfs
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_3_12_0.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN\YCOMP5_3_12_0.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\Inicio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakLogon
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [PAVFIRES] C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\Firewall\PavFires.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN MESSENGER\MSNMSGR.EXE" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [GLFB333.TMP] C:\WINDOWS\command.com /c deltree /y C:\PROGRA~1\GLFB333.TMP
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yaho...s/yinst0401.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macr...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupd...8083.0151157407
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.game...aploader_v5.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = intergate.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 216.139.64.16,216.139.64.17

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Good job, looks clean <_<. Having any problems?

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
<_< Yeah, have not had that many beers not to know yet... lol

But I do have to backspace allot for misspelled words... :D

omg... ok, gets pretty bad when your puter makes you drink...

And pretty bad when you have not laughed all day until you drink, and then your laughing at yourself...

Blonde but not brainless... :D