Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Updating BIOS problem

• Please log in to reply

Doix

Doix

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Motherboard: ASUS P5LP-LE

I currently am in posession of having a Limited Edition Motherboard, this means that even Asus my Mobo company is not helping me, this is because they dont even show they sell my Mobo. This is because my motherboard comes with such computers that are designed not to be overclocked. E.g. PC World types.

I'd like to therefore flash the bios to allow me to overclock it using the Bios, but I can't find the right Flash because yet again it's a LE edition motherboard.

Is there a way around this, or will I have to get a new motherboard?

Any help would be awesome. As noone online seems to have info on this Mobo and how to flash it. :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the bios is customized by each manufacturer....if they don't have a bios update listed as compatible with that board...then there isn't one (at least nothing that could be concidered reliable) i wouldn't say you need to buy a new board...but what/why are you trying to OC?

Doix

Doix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've an interest in OC and would like to try. I've the money to spend, I'd like to Overclock my CPU. It's just something I'd like to do. I've a general expectation of how etc. Just I've struck the barrier of my Mobo being from a main retail Computer company for family pcs.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well here's the deal (some may disagree with me but)...with modern equipment...OCing isn't worth it..you get marginal performance increase for a drastic increase in risk...back in the day you could squeaze alot of extra power (relative to the stock configuration) out of a processor...now the increase is marginal (when compared to the stock, stable configuration)...if you're just wanting to oc for ocing's sake...by all means go ahead and get a new mobo and proc or even some cheapo computer...and see what you can do with it...but don't expect to make a 3 gig processor into a 4 gig processor...you'll probably get like .2 or .3 gig out of it at best...then you'll fry it

Doix

Doix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Cheers for an honest opinion dsenette. I'll go with your advice and leave it for now. I've a spare computer if I want to at some point. Thanks for your responses mate. ^^