Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

two error messages using ie6

• Please log in to reply

newbie1337

newbie1337

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
My first error message, I receive this whenever I try to search something on Yahoo or Google. Once it happens the first time, it doesn't happen for a while..then it will occur again. Here is a pic:
Posted Image

My second error message, I receive this when i'm surfing any random website, ie. yahoo new, gaming forums, and even logging into yahoo messenger. Here is a pic:
Posted Image

I'm not totally computer competent, but I was wondering if these errors occur because I do not have SP2.
Any diagnosis for my problems? If you need any more info, I'll try to relay what I can find out to you.

Thank you very much :whistling: :help: :blink:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
first problem is usually associated with a bad BHO (browser helper object), like google toolbar, yahoo toolbar, etc

Get BHO Demon
http://www.majorgeek...wnload3550.html
and uninstall all your BHOs...you can reinstall them later

Second problem is more often a faulty piece of javascript on the webpage, rather than your problem.

In IE, tools, internet options, advanced, and check DISABLE SCRIPT DEBUGGING

newbie1337

newbie1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I dl'd the BHO Demon, but I havn't done the uninstalling of the BHOs yet for the first problem, but I will soon see to that.

But for the more important problem, I tried what you suggested, and no luck. :whistling: Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thank you again!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
could be malware, given the location of that file (in the temp folder)

Run hijackthis (see link in my signature), then save a log and AS A TEXT FILE (FILE > SAVE AS) then ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post.

We do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I am not 100 percent this is malware, so I am looking for what programs or combinations of programs that might cause this behavior. If I notice any malware, I will redirect you to the malware forum.

If you post a hijackthis log in this forum, several trusted techs will come to your house and eat all of your Ritz crackers, Cheeze Doodal and any sweet pickles you have in your fridge. We will also put our feet up on all of your coffee tables. This is no joke. We'll do it. It's not pretty.

newbie1337

newbie1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
For my first problem, i deleted google toolbar, yahoo toolbar, msn toolbar, and still the error occurs. :help: Not sure about this one. If you have any more suggestions, please do share :blink:

And for the second, the HJT log will be attached.

Thanks again :whistling:

Oh, and i would be delighted to have some techies over for some Ritz and cheese doodals if you help me :)

Attached Files

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Holy snikies! That's a good bit of infections! :whistling:

Please follow all the directions found here. After you get to step 5, if your problem is not resolved, post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum. If your problem persists after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, return here and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Keep in mind, the malware forum is very busy and can take up to 5 days to receive a reply. There is a special forum called The Waiting Room if you've been waiting for 3 or more days. You can put a link to your topic & a short description of your problem and someone will get with you soon.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you have some malware on there, which is likely the cause of your issue

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Hey! I was telling him where to go!

:whistling:

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
:blink: I've been watching this topic, considering he PM'd me, and I thought I'd add something finally. :help:

Just was perfect timing. hehehe. :whistling:

newbie1337

newbie1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
So the first thing I should do is what is said in HERE, like all those downloads and spyware removers cleanup etc.? And if problems persist after i get to step 5, i post in malware forums?
Just making sure im clear on this.

Thanks for all the help! :whistling:

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
exactly. :whistling:

newbie1337

newbie1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
VINI VIDA VICI! or something like that

As far as I know, I havn't gotten a script error pop up yet.
ALSO!, when i did a test search using yahoo, no buffer overrun occured!

This was after i completed the ad-aware,which i remember my cousin telling me about years ago and me not downloading.. *grumbles* :woot:

Well, if problems persist, I will simply follow the next steps on that page and play it by ear.
Thank you oh so very much :whistling: :blink:

(I am sorry but I am not very old and I don't exactly have a job..so I can't send in money donations. However, I will share this site to any of my friends and family that are having computer problems. Excellent job!) :help: :)