Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using programs on all windows users

• Please log in to reply

clareb2005

clareb2005

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
We had the internet installed on one user (we have 3 admin accounts and one limited) but the internet only works on the one it's installed on. When we try and install it on another user it ruins it for all of them!

We basically want to log in to our own user account and use the net/play games on the same user instead of everyone logging into one specific user

I hope that makes sense!

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
How do you connect to the internet? Are these machines networked? How so (wired/wireless)?

clareb2005

clareb2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
It's connect via wired broadband, and tis only one machine so it's not networked (if that's what you meant!)

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
If you want to share the internet connection with all the computers, then they need to be networked. You need to buy either a wired or wireless router.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
storm..you misread...there's one machine with 4 user accounts...only one user account has access to the internet....try again :whistling:

clareb2005

clareb2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Yep, one machine with:

- 3 admin accounts
- 1 limited account

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello clareb2005...

Have a look at This Article...it should resolve the issue. (Procedure under step 5)

wannabe1

clareb2005

clareb2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
That only applies to fast user switching, but I want so that I can log on to my user from switching on the machine and use the internet, coz at the moment I can only acess the net my logging on to my sisters user account

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
What exactly do you mean with:
"We had the internet installed on one user"
What did you install?

If it's an application, try reinstalling using an admin account and set the ALLUSERS property to 2

MsiExec.exe /I project.msi ALLUSERS=2
or
Setup.exe /V"ALLUSERS=2"

sth like this...

Edited by Caracas, 11 July 2006 - 06:04 AM.

clareb2005

clareb2005

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Okies, lemme explain it a bit better:

Me - Admin
Sister - Admin
Mum - Admin
Brother - Limited

We installed the software/drivers for Tiscali broadband on my sister's account, but can't access the internet on mine, my brothers or my mums user account. I tried installing the software/drivers on mine to get it working on there too but it wouldnt' let me install it on mine and ballsed it up on my sisters account too.

If it's an application, try reinstalling using an admin account and set the ALLUSERS property to 2

MsiExec.exe /I project.msi ALLUSERS=2
or
Setup.exe /V"ALLUSERS=2"

I hate to sound dumb but I really don't know what you mean here! Even looking at the article that wannabe1 posted earlier went straight over my head!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
can you set it up manually

http://uk-tiscali.cu...amp;p_topview=1