Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Linksys broadband router model WRT54G v. 5

• Please log in to reply

xxSparrowxx

xxSparrowxx

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I just got the router, and I was wondering--in order to connect the other computer, it has to be with a similar cord/cable/whatever to the one they included with the router, and not a regular phone line type? The one they included is blue, and I think it's called a CAT 5 jumper (I read the tutorial on wired networking). I wanted to make sure, and it would explain why I'm having problems with the router and internet connection :\

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
yup...to connect to a router you need to have cat5 (or 5e or 6) cable...just go to your local computer shop and ask for a ethernet patch cable of the length that you need.

xxSparrowxx

xxSparrowxx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ah, thank you! Now I know it's not something that's wrong with the router :]