Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Choice

• Please log in to reply

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Anyways, I am building a rig for my sister. She is just getting into PC gaming. She got really good, really fast. Her CS team is stacked with CAL IM and M players, but she can barely play sometimes at 10-20 FPS. I am helping her build a new rig.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
ABIT KN8 SLI
1 GB Ultra DDR400 RAM
Ultra X-Finity 500W PSU

Basic specs, but we are looking for a video card. PCI-E and we have a few choices for her. Which one would you recommend?

Few choices:

X1600 Pro
X1600 XT
X800 GTO
X800 XL
7600 GT
6600 GT
7600 GS
6800 GS

Thanks, and I am finally back! :whistling:

Advertisements

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
What budget would be ideal? What graphics card are you running now? Counterstrike Source isn't a very demanding game the x1600pro would do a good job and I believe the game is optimized for aTI

less than $100 shipped after rebate:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161161

If there are other more graphically intense games you're looking to get into, the 7600GT will be a good choice.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I have a X1800GTO there alright for gaming. You can unlock them to an X1800XL aswell. The 7600GT is the nvidia version as i prefer ATI to Nvidia I got this card.

andy

andy

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Go for a Geforce 6600GT good price and great card