Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New RAM

• Please log in to reply

Verst

Verst

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi everybody.
I'm thinking of buying new RAM and can't decide between Corsair Value Select and Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2? Is the second one worth the extra money?
Is it at all wise to buy DDR memory with DDR2 coming?
Thx.

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Do you plan on overclocking the memory?? If not then the Corsiar Value is fine. Also check out Crucial Memory. In order to use DDR2 memory, I belevie that you need a motherboard that supports it. Hope that this helps.

Verst

Verst

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
It does. I also realized that DDR2 memory wouldn't fit on my current motherboard, and since I don't intend on buying a new one that's settled :tazz:
Is there much improvement to be gained by overclocking your RAM? I have an AMD based system (Athlon 2500+) and have read somewhere that lower latencies are more important for AMD processors than higher frequencies?