Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suggestion for yet another forum :)

• Please log in to reply

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Well, i was thinking, we have a video editing sub-forum...and don't get me wrong, it is a very usefull forum for people that like video editing,

but i can assure you that many people (such as myself) also do music, and use music creating/editing software...could we put that as a subforum for software or as a forum?

I know some of you might think it is useless...

example software is:

fruity loops,
audacity,
adobe audition,
cubase sx,
reason.

etc.etc.......

i know g2g is full to the brim with forums/subforums and stuff... but it could broaden g2g's reach of software help...

you might say: well, we have a software forum...people can just post in that forum for music software help...
but music has such a wide range of softwares and stuff it would help to have a dedicated sub forum for it...

just a humble suggestion :whistling:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I would have to agree with you on that Maverick. My dad authors his own music using gigastudio in conjunction with sonar and let me tell you it is a real pain in the you know what at times. There is more to know in music authoring then you can believe. A separate forum for this would be a good idea.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 29 June 2006 - 06:44 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm not opposed to it, but someone would have to be willing to step up and take the lead. That's how the video editing forum was started, and because of that it's been successful.

A new forum takes a little while to get going, so it will be a time comitment. It would require things like creating pinned topics, and answering questions from others. With time it will attract members interested in that field and require less oversight.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
maybe we could (as a test) have it be the Video/Sound editing forum? if we start getting ALOT more sound editing questions (i haven't seen too many yet...maybe because we don't have a forum with it in the name) we could split the sound posts out into it's own forum

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
great idea, monkey!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

great idea, monkey!

don't get used to it...i'll be back to my useless ramblings as soon as possible

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Multi-Media Forum?

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I think it should be Video and Sound Editing. Multi media just seems too general, and many ppl may not realize what it's for. Calling it Video and Sound Editing would ensure ppl know exactly what it's about. :whistling:

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Could you just not make a sub forum within Video editing for now ?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm not so sure about video and sound editing in one forum. They use very completely different software, and I think attract different types of people. In other words, I'm not so sure that one group benefits that much from the other. :whistling:

As we've learned, a new forum will not take off as a subforum. There's just not enough exposure. We tried moving video editing to a subforum, and it just died. Really I was hoping for a commitment from someone before proceeding, so this all may be a bit premature.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
I vote for Fenors dad :whistling:

Maybe a little post it over the staff water cooler to see if there is interest in it and possibly someone stepping up

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
I'm happy you all agree with my suggestion :whistling:

I could help take care of the music forum if there is need...

Edited by MaverickSidewinder, 02 August 2006 - 06:23 AM.