Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton System Works 2003

• Please log in to reply

nikaye

nikaye

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i want to remove this but i dont know how...
i tried looking at the control panel and delete it but it cant

please help me...i appreciate any help..thank you

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Are you saying you could not find that program listed in the Add/Remove Utility in Control Panel? Or that the Add/Remove Utility could not remove it? If the last one, try uninstalling program in Safe Mode. Did you check to see if it had its own uninstall program listed in the Programs list (Start>Programs)? I am not that familiar with the program and don't know its quirks. :whistling: lol

Ron

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
This is the manual download link for Symantec

http://service1.syma...e...v_lvl=&seg=

Download three files to the Windows desktop
---_-
The steps that follow are for Internet Explorer. If you have this page open in any other Web browser, please start Internet Explorer and open this page in it.

Tip: Copy the address from the address bar above, open Internet Explorer, and paste the address into the Internet Explorer address bar.
---_-
1 Click MSIFIX.bat.
________________________________________________________________________________
_________
_---
2 Save the file to the Windows desktop.
________________________________________________________________________________
_________
-----
3 Click SymNRT.exe.
_________
---_-
4 Save the file to the Windows desktop.
_________
---_-
5 Click SYMMSICLEANUP.reg.
_________
---_-
6 Save the file to the Windows desktop.
_________
--_-
STEP 3 Run the three files that you just downloaded
--_-
1 On the Windows desktop, double-click the MSIFIX icon. The icon looks like this picture:

________
---_-
2 Click Run.
A black window may appear very briefly.
_________
---_-
3 On the Windows desktop, double-click the SymNRT icon. The icon looks like this picture:

_________
---_-
4 Click Run. ________________________________________________________________________________
_________
--_-
5 Click Next. ________________________________________________________________________________
_________
---_-
6 Click I accept the License Agreement, and click Next. ________________________________________________________________________________
_________
---_-
7 Type the letters and numbers that you see in the white box, and then click Next. ________________________________________________________________________________
_________
---_-
8 Click Yes or OK at each prompt.
You may need to click more than once. Your computer may be restarted for you more than once.
You may be asked to repeat some steps after the computer restarts.
_________
---_-
9 On the Windows desktop, double-click the SYMMSICLEANUP icon. The icon looks like this picture:

_________
---_-
10 Click Run, and then click Yes. ________________________________________________________________________________
_________
---_-
11 Click OK. ________________________________