Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem Playing Streaming Web Content

• Please log in to reply

redleader74

redleader74

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I'm not sure what settings I've changed on my computer or what I may have accidentally deleted. But I am now having trouble with streaming web content. For instance, streaming audio from online radio stations. In the place where the player would be (whether its audio, or video), there is the typical "red x", similar to that of missing pictures on a website.

I have a Dell Insipirong 1200 running windows xp. I also have windows media player 10 loaded.

Thanks.

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
What web browser are you using?

redleader74

redleader74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
MS Internet Explorer 6.0

redleader74

redleader74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Hi, have you come up with any solutions yet?

Thanks!!

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
well it might be the plug-in but the red ''x'' means that windows media player is not properly installed install windows media player up-to-date and check for any patches with i-explorer if this does not work i recommend mozilla firefox
so you can download the plug-in and get extra help