Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow & Lagging Computer

• Please log in to reply

Shortkayke77

Shortkayke77

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

:whistling: :blink: :help: :) :woot:

I have no clue what to do with my computer. I've been working onit for over a week! Its so slow to start up and get going. I've closed everything in start up except the essentials and its still lagging. Programs freeze and crash all the time, but I've ran adaware, spybot, clean up, and hijack this over and over again. It doesn't find anything. Someone please help me!!! I really don't think its a virus, as i have also run mcafee several times. I don't know what is going on. Thanks so much! You help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Kenny94

Kenny94

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
Hello Shortkayke77

I see you have Windows XP, Home Edition Pent 4 2.66GHZ, 512 MB RAM. Freezes and crash's might be a hardware problem?

I've ran adaware, spybot, clean up, and hijack this over and over again. It doesn't find anything. Someone please help me!!!

I notice you never finished this thread at: http://www.geekstogo...s...=105575&hl= :whistling:

Edited by Kenny94, 30 June 2006 - 08:05 AM.

Shortkayke77

Shortkayke77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I completely forgot about that thread. I've resolved that problem, but maybe i should head back to that forum, mcafee keeps picking up something and it can't be cleaned, or quaranteened, or what ever cause its an exe file :-( i'm so frustrated i could cry!

Kenny94

Kenny94

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
Shortkayke77 I would post another HighjackThis log in the thread where you last posted...

Shortkayke77

Shortkayke77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
ok, will do!

Kenny94

Kenny94

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
:whistling: