Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

where install these programs

• Please log in to reply

okeee

okeee

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Where should I install codec like dvix, xvid? In the partition which win xp is on and boot from, or another partition? I would like to install as less programs as possible on win xp partition.

Edited by okeee, 30 June 2006 - 08:47 AM.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there okeee, I would recommend installing your codecs on your win xp partition. Codecs acts like drivers and should be installed with windows. Depinding on what codecs package your are using, it uses some of windows files.

The codecs, isn't that big anyway. If you decide to install things like media players, you can select a different partition other that the one windows is loaded on.

Cool :whistling:

okeee

okeee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
a ok. And msn messenger, where should I install it?

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Well, Live messanger can be installed on a different partition from xp. But these kinds of programs (Windows programs) I recommend installing under windows partition, in program files. But it would not have any negative effects.

Cool :whistling:

okeee

okeee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
a thx for info