Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

toshiba laptop lcd screen problem

• Please log in to reply

maradei

maradei

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi,
I bought a Toshiba sattelite laptop A-75 s-209 1 1/2 yrs ago.My systemboard was replaced under a special warranty as my warranty expired.The folks that did the work returned my laptop and now all the sudden my lcd is bad.Wierd colors ect.They told me it would cost 800.00 to replace it.Is it possible that they could have caused this problem when installing the systemboard and cleaning my fan?I paid 900.00 for the [bleep] unit.Can somone tell me if a.)I can have it replaced cheaper or b.)Buy a monitor and use it.Does the monitor I buy have to be the same size screen??I will NEVER buy another Toshiba.This unit had issues from the get go with overheating noisy fan almost right away.The people who fixed suggested I call Toshiba and hound them that they can issue a work order to fix it even if I have no warranty.Any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Thank you,
Mark in San Diego :whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi Mark. If the screen was fine before you brought it in, then it is reasonable to think that they might have done something. Did you ask them about it?

maradei

maradei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Oh yeah they maintain that it is impossibe for them to have caused the distorion issue and when I implied that they were at fault and I might take them to court if they didnt fix it they hung up on me.
mark

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I just want to clarify that I'm not saying that they did it, but it's possible. It would just seem logical for them to possibly be at fault, becuase it was fine before it got sent in.