Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen stop error

• Please log in to reply

crunch

crunch

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
:blink: :help: :) I just changed motherboards yesterday, of course got blue screen on first boot. Even in safe mode. After several reinstall/repairs (each time it would go a little farther before blue appeared. Also had the farthest by useing safemode with command promt it would actually go to"starting" > "setting" then repair automatically from there. By 2:30 this morning I could get in safe mode with a dektop full of icons. A few more reinstall/repairs later 3:30AM it booted all the way to my normal desktop, everything looked great. I sent a few emails and opened some folders and all was well. This morning 10:00AM I tried to reboot and the blue screen is back. Slightly diff message code is 0X0000007B(0X88FED630,0xC0000185.0X00000000,0X00000000 "boot device is inacessable". But now when I try safemode with coomand prompt I get the command prompt screen instead of "windows is starting" then "setting" then "reinstall" . The desktop in safemode nolonger comes up when I try just safemode like it did at 2:30AM. How could have gotten so close (actually working fine one time) in the middle of the night then lose it all after shut down? I think it's close if it worked once, but it's not acting the same today. Please HELP me overcome the "BlueScreen" stop error!!! This was our oldest PC with OS 2000Pro but 3 month old HD 120gig over half full of nonreplaceable goodies, IT MUST BE SAVED. You guys have saved me many times before, please do it again! :whistling:

Advertisements

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I did three more reinstall/repairs and it has been booting fine all day, testing every ten to fifteen minutes :whistling: now only problem is the on board sound doesn't work but hardware says it's functioning properly. Everything is unmuted and reinstalled media player. Anybody got some ideas on making that work.

crunch

crunch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
OK, did that confuse anyone? The name change there, I didn't realize my son was already logged in on this PC. Sorry.