Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Word: Find & Replace help

• Please log in to reply

blakogre

blakogre

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to fix line places created by pasting text from a PDF into MS Word. The document now has line breaks in the middle of sentences.

I've tried flavors of <(*)> with ^p to remove them, to no avail. If someone could help, it would save days of work in a 350pg document.

For example:

"This is an example
of the problem I am having, and
I would like to get it
resolved if possible"

Transform to:
"This is an example of the problem I am having, and I would like to get it resolved if possible."

Searching for ^$^p^$ FINDS them all -- but I can't use ^$ in the replace. I'd like it to be "^$ ^$" theoretically. Delete ^p, put a space.

there are also pieces in here that *should* have a line break. They always end with a "."

A. This is a sample of neede break.
B. This is another one.
C. This is a third.

This is an example of
one that should not have
a line break.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by blakogre, 30 June 2006 - 10:23 AM.

Advertisements

dsm

dsm

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Blakogre,
if I have understood your problem correctly the following may provide a simple solution.

Step 1.
Replace all paragraph marks with a space

Find ^p Replace With space (just press the spacebar)

Step 2.
Add a paragraph mark after each full stop

Find . Replace With .^p

Hope this helps

DSM