Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Curious About System Allocated Space

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
My Slave drive D:\ is just dedicated to Proggies, [bleep] and other "goodies". Just did a Defrag on this 400 Gigs HD and notice that there is a considerable amount of Space allocated to System.
Plz see Screenshot provided. Why is that sooo.... much space allocated to System, if I am just storing the Stuff mentioned above ?
Plz shed some light . THx in advance.

Hope I am in the Right section, if NOt plz move. Thx.

Posted Image

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
My guess is it's reserved for system restore backup data. If that's the case you can reclaim it by turning off SR for that specific drive. You will still be able to use SR to restore your system drive.