Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delete files in C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT

• Please log in to reply

Deviatorz

Deviatorz

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have over 9 GB of files in my C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT folder. I was wondering if it is ok to delete some of those files. Most of the files that take up the space is the .hp2 extension. I have over 1500 files in there. Thanks in advanced.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Blimey, you have let them mount up! Yes you can safely delete them all and put that 9 GB to better use. In my opinion the Norton Protect feature is quite unecessary and even confusing since it renames the Recycle Bin even though it's the same thing. I would turn off the Norton Protect feature (I did when I used to have norton stuff) and keep it simple -- it's then just the plain old Recycle Bin which we all understand. keep Norton Protect if you prefer, but remember it's just a glorified Recycle Bin. Windows doesn't use anything in there and you should empty it on a regular basis -- esp before doing a defrag.

Edited by pip22, 01 July 2006 - 05:12 AM.

Deviatorz

Deviatorz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for your reply. I deleted it. But I have also found out that theres around 800mb in this location:
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download
arethings in there safe to delete as well?