Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

format hard disk using Partition Magic

• Please log in to reply

okeee

okeee

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I have a hard disk, which has several partitions. I would like to format the hard disk and make 1 NTFS partition. I use Partition Magic, how do I do this? I see settings for partitions only.

Edited by okeee, 30 June 2006 - 02:51 PM.

Advertisements

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Is there an option to delete the partitions? As long as there's no data you need on there I would try that.

Alternately you can boot up with your Windows disk and delete the partitions from there. You will end up with one big unallocated area which you can then format to NTFS.

okeee

okeee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
But by doing this, also win xp will automatically be installed on that partition. I would like to format hard disk only.

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Ahh it's a seperate drive not your main Windows drive ok. Deleting the partitions and formatting can both be done in Disk Management:

Start > Run... > diskmgmt.msc > right click on the partitions and you will have the option of deleting them. then you can format it from there.

okeee

okeee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I would like to use Partition Magic, do you know how to do it?