Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

screen resolution

• Please log in to reply

deans7078

deans7078

• Pip
  • 3 posts
2 days ago i put xp on my pc and everything was fine, it turned out that this slowed things down but the screen was fine. so i gave thge pc to a friends friend and he formatted it and installed 98 back on. the computer works fine now apart from it now has 32 bit colour amd im sure it had 256 before and i cfant change the screen resolution. ive put a new graphics card in and downloaded the driver but with no change. any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did you take out the old graphix card before p utting in the new one? or was the original onboard (built into the motherboard) and you just put in a new expansion card (agp, pci, pcie?)

deans7078

deans7078

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
im sorry, i dont quite know. im only a beginner really. i took the old card out first i think. im sure ive got the right drivers for both cards now though and both of them still show 16 bit colour

deans7078

deans7078

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry , 32 bit