Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Getting pictures from my camera to the pc?

• Please log in to reply

indianoutlaw

indianoutlaw

• Pip
  • 4 posts
[color=#3366FF][b][i]Hi all. I have windows XP and a Sharp VL-Z5 camera/camcorder. I have a bunch of photos which I can only veiw from the camera. I have gone to sharp's web site but coun't figure out what I am supposed to have to get the pic's out of the camera. Any ideas???? I really need to get those pictures downloaded in to my pc, but they computer does not seem to recognize or extract the picture files. Is there any cheap way to get my pc to upload my pictures from that camera? Any help would be appreciated.
I did go to one tech-type web site and since about two weeks, they have not posted anything at all on this subject.
Thank you & Be Well,

Hawk

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go.

Your camera should have come with software on a CD that allows you to transfer the files. If you do not have the CD, go to the maufacturer's website and look for drivers/software that you need to extract the photos.

If you have trouble finding the software, let me know the brand and model # of your camera and I will look for you.

indianoutlaw

indianoutlaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, the camera is a Sharp DL-Z5 and it didn't come with a disc as my son bought it on Ebay. It "acts" like it is extracting the pictures but it (the pc) says something like "unable to extract files". I do not know what to do. Thanks again for any more help.
Be well,
Hawk

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Are you sure it is DL and not VL?

Google is correcting me and saying it is VL. Let me know if Google is wrong or not.

Do you see this anywhere on the camera?: Viewcam VL-Z5

Or does it look like this?

Posted Image

Edited by computerwiz12890, 30 June 2006 - 06:31 PM.

indianoutlaw

indianoutlaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
[b][i]You are right......it is VL-Z5 by Sharp. Sorry I was mis informing. Anyway, please give me some good advice on how i am gonna get pics into my pc. Thanks,
Hawk

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Jeez, I seem to have seriously lost track of this topic. I'm very sorry for keeping you waiting :whistling:

Please confirm that your camera looks like this:

Posted Image

If not, then we've got the wrong brand/model. In that case, look at the camera again and let me know the brand/model.

If that is your camera, then download and install the following:

Download 1

Download 2

Download and install them in that order.